- Have you ever had an experience in your life that you simply can’t put into words
- Have you ever been with a group of ten complete strangers for a week and leave with a HUGE pit in your stomach because you don’t want it to be over and don’t want to not see them everyday?
- Have you ever met someone for the first time and felt such a connection with them that you question why you haven’t known them your whole life?
- Have you ever stepped out in bravery and done something terrifying and ridiculous to anyone you told about it?
- Have you ever decided to do something that was six months in the future and those six months feel like the longest months of your life?
All of these questions could be answered with a resounding “YES” in my life after this past week. I don’t even know how to put into words what I just experienced. I think the only way to explain it would be to say that I was looking for plane tickets to visit before the trip even ended. As I sat in the airport, waiting for my flight home, I received multiple texts telling me to switch my flight and it was all I could do to not do that. There is a serious level of jealousy that most of these women live withing 5 hours of each other and here I am, a 20 hour drive from them. We shared things with each other during this past week that anyone that wasn’t with us would never understand. We cried, we did karaoke, we danced, we talked, we laughed until we cried, we ate, we toured, we got seasick, we prayed, we wished, we dreamed, we met new people, we became friends, we became family! God truly knew what he was doing when he opened the doors for me to go on this trip.
I wish I could somehow explain what this whole trip meant to me, what I learned about myself and others, and the ways I was loved on and able to love on those that were with me. Sad for you, there simply isn’t a way to explain it. The only words that comes to mind over and over again when I think on this past week are: